Fun facts about eggplant
It’s confirmed: the eggplant emoji symbolizes a penis. Due to its phallic use, it was once banned in 2015 on Instagram’s search function. We like the eggplant at Joe Pill for obvious reasons … erectile dysfunction (ED). But what about the real eggplant, not the phallic emoji? The real eggplant has fascinating facts:
- Eggplants are not vegetables. They are actually a berry, so they fall under the fruit category.
- Eggplants and tomatoes are actually related. Both belong to the nightshade family. Some members of the nightshade family can be deadly, but not tomatoes and eggplants.
- Eggplants have nicotine. Eggplants have the highest level of nicotine of any vegetable. But don’t worry, you would have to eat 20 to 40 pounds of eggplants to get the nicotine level of just one cigarette. (It’s a great idea to quit smoking!)
- Size matters. (or so we’ve heard) Eggplants have spiny stems that can grow from 16 to 57 inches in height. No sildenafil required!
- Juice anyone? Juice made from the leaves and roots of eggplants can be used in treatment of throat and stomach disorders, cough, asthma, toothache, rheumatism and skin problems.